Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Why Private School?


I decided to look into private schools. When you're a parent, you need to know in which ways you can educate your child and as we've learned in this course there are many!One basic choice that many parents struggle with is that of public vs. private school. Parents do not want to take on unnecessary expenses if they will not ultimately benefit their child. Also many public schools do an excellent job of educating students.
Students who attend private schools can be more academically challenged, exposed to clearer value systems, given greater access to teachers, and may simply feel safer than local public school options. Many tests show that a student given the opportunity to attend a private school will most likely reach a higher level of academic achievement. A major advantage to private education is that the student will likely be challenged to a higher academic standard. Private schools can be more academically rigorous than public schools, and private school students may have to meet more criteria to keep up their grade point averages. LINK
I personally believe that every child should have the same education. I would send my kids to a public school vs a private school. I feel that public schools do a great job, plus the experience for a child is better. Its more diverse in a public school, and all teachers care about their students, regardless what kind of an organization it is. Teachers go into teaching because they care about their students and want to pass on knowledge. They don't change according to what school they go to or how much they get paid. Their first goal is to teach and care about the students.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Hello, i am a college student graduating this year! yay. I've always been inspired by teachers and considering the career for my future. Im very close to finishing my degree in Business Management (which i also love to do) :) I am a first time blogger, so i cant wait to see what this is going to look like once i get a hang of this stuff!This profile is created for a class, and our identity is kept sorta hidden. I am not from Punta Cana, but i loved my last vacation there!! I cant wait for the summer to enjoy the warm sun and the beach. Just because i love love summer doesnt mean that i dont take advantage of the seasons. This year i went skiing for the first time in my life. I loved it! Its my new winter hobby now (well i never had one). This makes the winter go by quick when you're having fun!